Monday, April 13, 2009

Thing 21 - Student 2.0 Tools

This is kinda cool but I don't think I would use it as a college student. By college, or at least after your first big paper or two, you should have your own research style (or at least I do...). I do however, think it would be a good way to help teach high school kids about the research project and how to manage your time for a big project. This would be good for AP college-bound kids and those more vocationally-bound. I found it interesting that the Assignment Calculator asks for the subject area of the assignment but doesn't offer any specialized information or links based on the subject area. As for promoting it to students in the library, it would probably be most applicable in high school media centers but I might post information about these sites near the literary criticism books in the reference section (when I was in high school, this was the only thing I did any research for...and I hated it).

No comments:

Post a Comment