Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thing 10 - tagging and bookmarks

I have chosen not to call this Thing "delicious". This is because, delicious is sooooo not the only website of it's kind. Personally, I LOVE StumbleUpon. What is this glorious website tool of which you speak, Katy? Well, StumbleUpon is basically the greatest. It is very similar to delicious in that it keeps you bookmarks and allow you to tag them and has a toolbar feature like delicious does. But the really great thing about StumbleUpon is that with the toolbar comes a button to "Stumble". This button is both magnificent and addictive. I have found both totally random sites and amazingly useful sites with this magic button. Seriously, people, try it.

Okay, but delicious and tagging. It's alright, I suppose. I am all about having your bookmarks wherever you go. Also, I have done some tagging with facebook photos. That is neat because with facebook tags, when you click on "photos of Katy" it pulls up all the photos in which I have been tagged, including photos other people have taken. Fancy that. You can of course untag yourself, if you wish.

On the Alachua County Public Library website, there is a page of "Great Links!" It would be neat to have these websites on delicious or another bookmark/tagging site, because a link could have more than one tag, as a number of these fit under more than one category. That's my two cents for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment