Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thing 6 - mashups

So, because this is related to flickr, I was already not crazy about it. To be honest, I had no idea what a mashup was before this. I think the word "mashup" for these applications seems misleading. I don't know what I thought it would be, but it certainly was not what mashups really are...if that makes any sense to anyone other than me. It seems to me that it is just a name for a bunch of neat applications you can use to do creative things with your flickr photos. I think some of them are lame, though there are definitely people who would use them. I like the flickr color pickr, but I don't know for what you would use it. I thought that the calendar creator would be cool, but I have changed my mind. It is frustrating and has very few options. Okay, I think I really like the wallpaper-maker. I like to get creative with my desktop wallpapers - I usually like to put a great yarn photo up, but it is sometimes hard to find a good one that is big enough.

Anyway, I started this post a few days ago and I no longer know if I had a point. I spelled my name with spell with flickr - ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment