Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thing 5 - Flickr

I already have a flickr account, but the only reason I have one is so that I could upload photos onto another site (it does not let you upload photos directly from your computer). So, most of the pictures on my flickr are of yarn or knitting projects. Also, I would like to clarify that the reason the pictures are of such terrible quality is because I had to use a bad camera and in order to get the color of the yarn right, I had to have the shutter open for longer than usual, making the pictures blurry. Anyway, I added a few more pictures from library events (and one of my BFF, Barack).

I am not a big fan of flickr. It is not very user friendly, and that means a lot coming from me. It is very frustrating and you must take very circuitous routes to get where you want to get. Flickr makes me mad. Sorry, it just does. I would much rather use facebook to share my photos with people. Okay, okay, I thought of one thing I do like about flickr - I like that you can search everyone's photos for something you want, kinda like google image search. I have found some great desktop images this way. But that's all that I like about it.

As far as using flickr in the library, I think it is a good idea for posting pictures of events. However, the issue of consent comes up because posting pictures of people on the internet is sometimes a touchy subject. Okay, I'm ready to be done with flickr for the moment...and now I will post a picture of my BFF to get me out of my rant:

No comments:

Post a Comment